As a college student, I’m dependent on “To Do Lists.” After making them every morning to get through my days in one piece, I have become sort of a pro. I decided to share my talent with all of you. Here’s my list of the Top Ten Coolest Things About Trevecca:
10. Fall time at Trevecca is beautiful—so pretty that I almost don’t mind waking up for class because I get to look at all the colorful trees and flowers on my way. It’s a peaceful, little campus tucked away in a big city. Perfect.
9. I never got to pet a squirrel until I came to Trevecca. They are super friendly here.
8. From 7 am- 7 pm Mondays through Fridays there is unlimited cereal, diet mountain dew, and a sub sandwich station in the Cafeteria. Cereal is high up there on my list of favorite foods and I would do almost anything for a diet mountain dew… So, good work TNU!
7. I can see the Nashville Skyline from my window. Enough said.
6. Speaking of the Nashville Skyline, WE ARE IN NASHVILLE! Music City, USA. I ran into Hunter Hayes once and my friend goes to church with Carrie Underwood. So much talent in one town! My only complaints are that I don’t have enough time or money to see all of the concerts that I want to.
5. Dorm life is a one-of-a-kind experience. Imagine having 30 closets to choose from; there’s always something to wear and never a lack of slumber parties.
4. Awesome events ALL. THE. TIME! Paint-a-paloooza is this Friday, for example, but we also have intramural sports, concerts, and the Boone-a-roo craft fair to look forward to this year!
3. Professors at Trevecca are AWESOME. They are genuinely concerned about each of their students and take an interest in them beyond just the academic “stuff.” I have professors who ask me about my dad’s football team or little sister. They know my stresses and goals. It’s an awesome feeling to have the support of adults while I’m so far from home.
2. I guess this goes along with activities, but there are so many clubs and cool ways to get involved here. I’m loving being a RA this year, but some of my friends have found their niches being Peer Mentors, members of TWIOG, or playing TIA sports. Never a lack of options!
1. Everyone will probably say this a million times, but Trevecca is more than a school. It’s a family, a Christian community. The summer before my freshman year I was terrified about being so far away from my family, but my fears were erased almost immediately. At Trevecca I found a home away from home and a second family that I will be forever thankful for. The people at Trevecca can’t be beat! They win!
Woooo-hoooo! I hope this gives you a better idea of life on the Hill! Or, feel free to add your own Trevecca favorites As you can tell, it’s 12:50 AM… Time for me to get some shut eye.